The Marsen Class came back from the long weekend happy, well-rested, and ready to work hard!
We jumped right back into learning by continuing our work in Reading Workshop on "inferencing". Ask your child about the books Erandi's Braids and Chester's Way. These mentor texts were used to help better understand character's actions and what these actions tell us about the characters. Way to go readers! Everyone is doing a fantastic job inferencing in their own independent books!
Our Scientist of the Week was truly a treat this week. We learned about which beverages contain salt and which do not! By.....Drum Roll Please..... Ethan Na!!!!!!!!!!! See below to catch a glimpse of how Ethan (and the rest of us) found out the answer to his question.
![]() |
| Ethan N. |

Hello Team Marsen,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your latest blog with me - I loved reading it! I am so glad that I was there last week to see Ethan N. do his science experiment - I learned SO MUCH!! I told all my friends about it! I am also really proud of your work in Reading Workshop - making an inference while reading is really important! Keep up the great work - I am so proud of you!
Sincerely,
Mr. Sinanis
Hi Mr. Sinanis,
DeleteThank you so much for complimenting us on our hard work in Reading Workshop!
We think you are "the best Principal ever." (Logan)
"You are kind!" (Lauren)
"You are amazing at filling buckets." (Tess and Sadie)
"You are so nice to us." (Maytal)
Keep reading our blog!
Team Marsen