Radical Research in Room 13!
In addition to choosing which landform he/she wanted to research, students had a choice of which style presentation they wanted to represent the knowlege he/she gained during this unit of study. Ask your child what landform he/she is researching in class and the kind of project he/she will be making next week in school! We are so excited to see the final projects and reports when they are all complete!

Scientist of the Week
Our Scientist of the Week was none other than the talented, Zack Spector! Thank you Zack, for teaching the class that molecules move faster in hot water than in cold water. See below to watch Zack's fantastic experiment!
Jump-A-Thon 2013!!!
Last Friday was our annual Jump-A-Thon! Our class headed down to the gym ready to jump our little hearts out. We have to say we are one physically fit class. Bravo! Congrats to Maytal and Zack who jumped for over 5 minutes! Congrats to Mrs. Rosen who jumped the longest out of the partcipating Second Grade staff members. Her husband (a physical education teacher in the city schools) would have loved to have been here to witness this accomplishment! Here are some pictures of our class jumping away!












Rock on Team Marsens!! WOW!! I really loved reading your blog post this week and checking out all the amazing pictures and the great videos of my buddy Zack! You are all doing such awesome work and I am very proud of you - I know you will be ready for third grade. I cannot wait to hear what you learn about landforms!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work!
Sincerely,
Mr. Sinanis
I loved reading your blog this week! I know Sam is so excited to be researching volcanos! Congratulations to the whole class on a job well done at the Jump-A-Thon! Zack - impressive science experiment! I can't wait to see what happens next in the Team Marsen classroom! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteHeather Balizer