Our first class trip to the Queens County Farm Museum was on October 25, 2012. We boarded the buses with smiling faces and high expectations. Boy-were they met!
We had such an amazing tour of the farm and learned about the different animals and crops and how important they are in our daily lives. The trip ended with a fun hayride, which was bumpy and exciting! We truly enjoyed our day. Life in a "Rural Community" is interesting!
Enjoy the pictures below of the newest "farmers" in a rural community.
 |
| Ethan and Alex enjoying the hayride! |
 |
| Our tour group! |
 |
| Tess, Skylar, Sadie, and Maytal in front of the cornstalks! |
 |
| Sam and Serena enjoying the sounds of the ducks! |
 |
| David getting ready to feed the goats! |
 |
| Max, Vishnu, and Ashispal feeding the VERY friendly goat! |
 |
| Lauren and Katie observing the pigs eating pumpkin scraps! |
 |
| Ethan, Logan, and Nick after feeing the goats! (They still look happy!) |
 |
| Max and Dylan learning about the chickens in a coop! |
 |
| Sam, Ashishpal, Zack, and Skylar checking out the cows! |
Thank you to Mrs. Jaffe and Mrs. Spector for joining us on our journey! You were truly a big help and a pleasure to have!
HW- Please have your child post a comment about something he/she learned or enjoyed about our trip to a Rural Community!
I learned when chickens lay eggs they go into a special house and then the farmers get them out of the house- Nick P.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of the trip was the hayride because it was so much fun!
ReplyDeleteSam B.
I had fun at the Queens County Farm. I liked seeing the pigs and feeding the goats. The pigs ate pumpkins in their pen. The hayride was awesome! Thank you Ms. Martin and Ms. Rosen for taking us on this trip. I had a great time!
ReplyDeleteLauren M.
I rode with George the helper on the hayride and I had fun! I realy liked feeding the goats. The trip was great! David
ReplyDelete