If you are reading this blog, our "Blogging 101" was successful, and we really peaked your interest! Read on to learn about two exciting activities that took place this week in Room 13!
Since Day 1 of school, our students worked together to earn compliments from teachers and staff members around our school. Whether it was walking quietly in the hallway or working nicely in teams in the Science Lab, we are proud of the 15 compliments received. To celebrate, students brought in games from home. Everyone took turns playing games and filled each other's buckets with smiles, laughing, sharing, and good sportsmanship. Enjoy these snapshots...they tell it all!

Thursday-Scientist of the Week
Katie kicked off our Scientist of the Week program by conducting an experiment called, "Sandwich Bag Bomb!" The children greatly enjoyed her experiement and learned how vinegar and baking soda make carbon dioxide. When the carbon dioxide could not escape the bag, it caused an explosion! Wow! Katie really blew the class away! See the video below! Katie is "da bomb!" LOL
![]() |
| Sandwich Bag Bomb! |
We hope you enjoyed this edition of our Blog! We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Have a great weekend!
Team Marsen







Dear Team Marsen,
ReplyDeleteWOW!! What an awesome job!! I cannot believe our second graders are blogging - I am so impressed! I loved the pictures of all the wonderful things happening in your classroom. Also, Katie, nice job with your Scientist of the Week presentation! Keep up the great work boys and girls! :)
Sincerely,
Mr. Sinanis
I loved reading about all the great things you did this week! The pictures say it all! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteHeather B.
Hey Team Marsen!
ReplyDeleteThe homework this weekend is to leave one comment on our new blog with someone from home!Blog on!
That was such an awesome experiment and I was particularly impressed with the way the audience watched so carefully and patiently while Katie performed her experiment! You can count that as a compliment towards your next Compliment Party!! Great Work!!
ReplyDeleteHi, Mrs. Martin/Mrs. Rosen. I can't wait to see you on Monday! See you then!
ReplyDeleteKatie
Thanks so much for posting all of this great content. It is fantastic to see what the class is up to, and we LOVED seeing the video of Katie as Scientist of the week.
Katie's Dad
That is so cool Katie I loved that video!
ReplyDeleteSerena's Mom
Hi Team Marsen, What a great way to share what's going on in the classroom! Love the blog and looking forward to seeing more action from Room 13. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteLauren's Mom & Dad